Optifine HD for Minecraft 1.10.2, 1.10, 1.9.4 and most previous versions is a very, very popular Mod which can help you getting more FPS in Minecraft. However, for servers the owner must have Optifine HD Mod installed on the server. Optifine HD may be the perfect mod for you if you need more fps or/and want to use high definition HD, maybe also 3D Resource Packs.
Optifine HD Editions
Optifine HD Features
- FPS boost (examples) - doubling the FPS is common - decreases lag spikes and smooths gameplay
- Support for HD Textures (info) - HD textures and HD fonts (MCPatcher not needed) - custom terrain and item textures - animated terrain and item textures - custom HD Font character widths - custom colors - custom block color palettes - custom lighting - unlimited texture size
- Support for Shaders (info) - based on the Shaders Mod by Karyonix
- Dynamic Lights - allows handheld and dropped light emitting items to illuminate the objects around them. It is similar, but not related to the Dynamic Lights mod
- Variable Render Distance (example) - from Tiny to Extreme (2 x Far) in 16m steps - sun, moon and stars are visible in Tiny and Short distance
- Configurable Smooth Lighting (examples) - from 1% - smooth lighting without shadows - to 100% - smooth lighting with full shadows
- Performance: VSync Synchronizes framerate with monitor refresh rate to remove split frames and smooth gameplay
- Smart Advanced OpenGL - more efficient, less artifacts - Fast - faster, some artifacts still visible - Fancy - slower, avoids visual artifacts
- Fog control - Fog: Fancy, Fast, OFF - Fog start: Near, Far
- Mipmaps (examples) - Visual effect which makes distant objects look better by smoothing the texture details - Mipmap level - OFF, 1, 2, 3, Max - Mipmap type - Nearest, Linear
- Anisotropic Filtering (examples) - Restores details in mipmapped textures - AF level - OFF, 2, 4, 8, 16 (depends on hardware support)
- Antialiasing (examples) - Smooths jagged lines and sharp color transitions - AA level - OFF, 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16 (depends on hardware support)
- Better Grass Fixes grass blocks side texture to match surrounding grass terrain
- Clear Water (examples) Clear, transparent water with good visibility underwater
- Custom Sky (info) Use custom textures for the day and night skies. Multiple layers, blending options, time configuration.
- Random Mobs Use random mob textures if available in the texture pack
- Connected Textures (examples) Connects textures for glass, glass panes, sandstone and bookshelf blocks which are next to each other.
- Natural Textures (examples, idea) Removes the gridlike pattern created by repeating blocks of the same type. Uses rotated and flipped variants of the base block texture.
- Faster Math Uses smaller lookup table which fits better in the L1 CPU cache
- FPS control - Smooth FPS - stabilizes FPS by flushing the graphics driver buffers (examples)- Smooth Input - fixes stuck keys, slow input and sound lag by setting correct thread priorities
- Chunk Loading Control - Load Far - loads the world chunks at distance Far, allows fast render distance switching - Preloaded Chunks - defines an area in which no new chunks will be loaded - Chunk Updates per Frame - allows for faster world loading - Dynamic Updates - loads more chunks per frame when the player is standing still
- Configurable Details - Clouds - Default, Fast, Fancy - Cloud Height - from 0% to 100% - Trees - Default, Fast, Fancy - Grass - Default, Fast, Fancy - Water - Default, Fast, Fancy - Rain and Snow - Default, Fast, Fancy - Sky - ON, OFF - Stars - ON, OFF - Sun & Moon - ON, OFF - Depth Fog - ON, OFF - Weather - ON, OFF - Swamp Colors - ON, OFF - Smooth Biomes - ON, OFF - Custom Fonts - ON, OFF - Custom Colors - ON, OFF - Show Capes - ON, OFF (supports HD capes)
- Configurable animations - Water Animated - OFF, Dynamic, ON - Lava Animated - OFF, Dynamic, ON - Fire Animated - OFF, ON - Portal Animated - OFF, ON - Redstone Animated - OFF, ON - Explosion Animated - OFF, ON - Flame Animated - OFF, ON - Smoke Animated - OFF, ON - Void Particles - OFF, ON - Water Particles - OFF, ON - Rain Splash - OFF, ON - Portal Particles - OFF, ON - Dripping Water/Lava - OFF, ON - Terrain Animated - OFF, ON - Items Animated - OFF, ON
- Fast Texturepack Switching Switch the current Texturepack without leaving the world
- Fullscreen Resolution Configurable fullscreen resolution
- Debug - Fast Debug Info - removes lagometer from debug screen - Debug Profiler - removes profiler from debug screen
- Time Control Default, Day Only or Night Only - works in only in Creative mode
- Autosave - Configurable Autosave interval - A fix for the famous Lag Spike of Death
How to install Optifine?
1. Download the mods jar file.
2. Double click on the file.