GLSL Shaders Mod for Minecraft 1.10. 2, 1.10, 1.9.4, 1.9.2, 1.9
GLSL Shaders mod was made for people that don't like the flat and unrealistic shades, shadows and other lighting effects in default Minecraft. Minecraft default (without using a shader or realistic Resource Pack) is one of the most unrealistic looking games ever created. Most people like minecraft because it comes with pretty simple game graphics. But for those who like realistic looking blocks and true smooth lighting we definitely recommend using Shaders. The GLSL Shaders mod is really easy to install, we provide you a full installation guide below. We also provide you a list of the best Shaders like MrMeep_x3's Shaders, Sildur's Shaders and Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders.
However you will need good hardware to run shaders, they run pretty good on good hardware only. If Minecraft Default already causes laggs, you should install the Optifine HD Mod. Many people use NoLag/MaxFPS PvP Texture Packs to decrease minecraft's load on their computers.
How to install GLSL Shaders Mod?
To install the Shaders Mod you can follow the 4 Steps below.
Before you begin with the installation..
..be sure to run Minecraft at least once.
..install this ASM v5.0.3 Installer for Minecraft
Then run the ShadersMod installer with double-clicking on it.
After that click "INSTALL".
After you successfully installed the Shaders Mod you can select it's profile in the Minecraft launcher. Then you can open the "options" screen to see if there is a "Shaders" button. If there's no "Shaders" button something went wrong.
Installation (Forge Edition)
- Install Forge or FML
- Download Minecraft Forge or FML installer
- Open Minecraft Launcher.
- Select a profile (lower left corner of launcher window).
- Edit Profile. Select Minecraft version that ShadersMod is made for and save.
- Click play. Wait for Minecraft to load.
- After the game start successfully, close Minecraft. Close launcher if it is still open.
- Install Minecraft Forge or FML with the downloaded installer.
- Open Minecraft Launcher.
Select Forge or FML in profile box at lower left corner of launcher window.
Or select other profile and click Edit Profile and select Forge or FML version and save.
- Click Play.
- You should see "Mods" button in title screen below "Multiplayer" button.
- Check whether everything is alright and close Minecraft.
- Copy ShadersModCore-....jar to %appdata%.minecraftmods folder.
Make sure its file extension is ".jar", not ".zip".
- If you want to install other FML mods or Forge mods, copy them to the same mods folder.
Official Download of "GLSL Shaders Mod"
Official Download Links below
Download GLSL SHADERS MOD 1.10.2 [Installer; Not Forge/Optifine compatible]
Download GLSL SHADERS MOD 1.10 [Installer; Not Forge/Optifine compatible]
Download GLSL SHADERS MOD 1.9.4 [Installer; Not Forge/Optifine compatible]
Download GLSL SHADERS MOD 1.9 [Installer; Not Forge/Optifine compatible]
Download GLSL SHADERS MOD 1.8.8-1.8.9 [sp614x has merged ShadersMod's feature into OptiFine. Available at OptiFine thread]
Download GLSL SHADERS MOD 1.7.10 [Forge Edition]
Download GLSL SHADERS MOD 1.7.2 [Non-Forge Edition]
We recommend using the Shaders Mod with Optifine HD, if compatible.